Saturday, May 3, 2014

 
April
 
It was a fun month with Eliza. We went camping the first week and it was a little on the cold side. My siblings were mostly there and I was impressed that all the new babies were there together. I look forward to many more camping trips with family. This was her first time and she enjoyed eating a marshmallow the most. She cried several times through the night inconsolably, which has not happened since she was a newborn. I think it was because her face was cold, so by 3 or 4 in the morning I finally covered her face completely and she was able to sleep.


 
 
 
We did some kite flying and hiking. We also were able to see bison, antelope, and various birds. Antelope Island did have some good views and this time of year the bugs were non existent.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
We have been spending time outside more now that it is nice weather and we have grass in the backyard. Eliza hasn't yet learned how to move around much, so its nice to sit her on the grass and know all she can put in her mouth is grass. She has started taking her hat off, so I might have to sew something to make them stay on. She has very fair skin that will burn rather than tan.


 
I really enjoyed having Easter with Eliza. Philip had to work sadly. Eliza liked playing with the eggs and watching Jamie and Jill's family activities. Jamie was kind enough to take some great pictures of Eliza. Thanks to Abby's growing girls, we had a perfect Easter dress for her. Now the problem will be which one do I frame and hang up? number 1, 2, or 3 Please comment your favorite.
 
 
 
 
 
#1 
 
 #2
 
#3 
 
We have been trying new foods for Eliza. She likes pickle, mango, and zucchini.
 
 
 
I had lunch with Matt and Audrey. We had a good time and the girls thought they were pretty special to be able to sit up to the table.


 
This month we had a state wide "shake out" drill. Philip is a block captain and Eliza helped him make sure all our neighbors had everything they needed and reported that everyone was good.


 
 
 
I am terrible at taking pictures whenever we get together with Philip's family, but here are some we do have from this month.


 

3 comments:

  1. I think three is my favorite, i wish I hadn't cut her head off so much though, You've had a busy month and I doubt she'll be holding still much longer, so enjoy that phase while it lasts! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are so cute! I understand why you are having such a hard time choosing. And I'm no help...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LIKE NUMBER 1!!!
    TAWNYA

    ReplyDelete