Tuesday, January 9, 2018

March

We have had beautiful weather and I have spent lots of time out side working in the yard. Lily has enjoyed playing in the dirt and so for her birthday I got her some toys for outside ( shovel, rake, water can) I got her a broom to sweep around in the house. From Grandma Jo and Grandad a Minnie mouse figurine with accessories, From Grandpa Steve and Linda a baby that cries and giggles. From Andy and Hannah a remote school bus. We had chocolate cake with sprinkles for breakfast, so Philip could be there. Audrey and her kids were over too, so We did it a day early. She is growing up so quickly. Some of my favorite things she does is she says "Yes, I do" when I ask her if she wants something. She says thank you and bless you frequently. She loves watching Minnie mouse and Ariel. She still puts everything in her mouth lately dirt, beans, and rocks. She loves dressing up and dancing with Eliza to "let it go". She had a scary moment this month. She was playing outside with cousins and Eliza when I hear her crying. I look down the street and there is a car stopped close to her and Anya Bateman (neighbor) is running towards her. Philip gets there and looks her over. She just had a few scratches on her bum and hip. We aren't sure what happened, but Anya was a little traumatized thinking she had hit her with the car.  We were so grateful she was paying attention and was going slow. Most likely Lily was close to the car and got scared, but fell and rolled on the side walk/curb instead being able to get away. She took along time to clam down. The next day we were at Grandma Ruth's and a motor bike was going down the lane. Lily stopped and started crying like she was scared even when the guy stopped, waiting for her to pass.

Eliza has been talking,singing and dancing away each day. Some of my favorite things she has done lately is hugging me. She accompanied me on the piano to the wheels on the bus. Her and Lily have done a few duets together singing and playing on the piano. She likes giving stickers to everyone and is a good sharer of treats and makes sure Lily has the same things. I have been having a hard time disciplining her, she wants to go to time out sometimes and the rewards for doing as she is told don't entice her often anymore. She gets upset if we attempt to help her and we get into power struggles over going potty and getting dressed and going out on errands. She starts biting and hitting herself and is not consolable or reasonable. The only thing I can seem to be able to do is wait it out, which is difficult when I am trying to go somewhere. She loves primary and she has the best teachers Mary Swenson and her husband. They have the best lessons and ideas to engage the kids. Eliza spends the next few days teaching me and showing me what she is learning. 

Philip continues to work hard with all his obligations. He is getting closer to finishing his class. He enjoys being outside and playing with the kids. He has been good with helping me with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment